Italy is truely one of those places that everyone should visit, as least once. The cities of Rome, Venice, Florence are all beatiful, while Milan is also essential for fashion and design lovers, with its industrial urban charm.
But to truely know the Italians, you must travel to the countryside. There’s you’ll find scenic beauty, warm locals and food that is world famous.
The southern island of Sicily is a wonderful, unique example of rural Italy, and is almost like a country of its own.
Here’s a great guide to staying in Sicily, on a budget.
Here are the recommended hotels:
- La Bianca Scogliera, Scala Dei Turchi
- Hotel Acqua Marina, Donnalucata
- Hotel Santa Lucia, Capo D’Orlando
- Il Borghetta, Marzamemi
- Albergo Esperia, Milazzo
- Hotel Torre Bennistra, Scopello
- Hotel Egitarso, San Vito Lo Capo
- Siracusa Beach Hotel, Arenella
- La Terrazza Sul Mare, Avola
- Hotel Paguro, Siculiana Marina
You’ll find full details when you click through, enjoy!